Since it’s almost the end of the year, I wanted to share another holiday adventure I had the change to take a couple of months ago.
Earlier in the year, I was able to travel to Hong Kong for the first time. Because I didn’t have many days left for a holiday, we decided to go where we had relatives and visit them for a bit. And we went to the US, to California!
This was another short trip of less than 10 days, but it was still memorable!
If you want to travel a bit with me, come read the rest… and I’ll be spamming my IG too if you don’t mind.
I must say this holiday didn’t start off well. There were train problems on the day I was traveling and then a terror threat in Frankfurt, where I lost a whole day because of the airport’s incompetence
Needless to say that was the first and last time I will ever travel with Lufthansa. It was my worst travel experience, and their customer service was just …
After much insistence we were provided with a hotel and meal coupons, but we honestly did not feel like eating German… just no.
We stayed the night in Frankfurt and since we were getting hungry, we looked for a place to eat and found this great Turkish place that offered sea food.
I ordered a place with mixed seafood and a drink, which came with bread and salad. It cost around 15EUR per person which was pretty good.
That’s how we ended a very long and tiring day :
- on 31st August I woke up at around 5 AM to get ready and take the train.
- Because of all the train issues, we arrived arrived at the airport a bit before 10 AM
- Around 11h30 we were inside the place in Brussels and only left at bit before 2 PM
- We arrived in Frankfurt around 2.30PM ,where our connecting flight left
- We left the airport around 7.30 PM and arrived at the hotel around 8.30 PM
- We dropped our stuff in the room and went out to get food before 9PM
- We ate and left the restaurant around 10.30 PM
- We went back to our room to sleep for a couple of hours, as we had to leave between 5 AM and 6 AM
I was tired, sleepy , angry, frustrated, but life went on.
The plane ride went smoothly from Hamburg to Newark, we even had our own entertainment system and they were showing Korean movies.
I watched “One Way trip” because Ji Soo was in it, and Suho… Really cannot escape the fandom. Let me just warn you will feel the injustice and be heartbroken. We were crying in the place watching this.
I’m just so proud of Ji Soo, he is such a good actor. I discovered him on “Angry Mom” and he just keeps getting better!
Once we go to Newark, new problems arose. Apparently we did not have tickets to get to San Francisco, because Lufthansa never confirmed our flight … LIKE WTF?!? The person serving us, who had quite a bitch face, was a Chinese American called Jenny working at the United desk. She didn’t care much for our explanation and we discovered later ( on our way back) that she completely fucked us up.
She cancelled our ticket and provided us new tickets from Newark to San Francisco. But because we didn’t have any tickets anymore, we weren’t seated together anymore and were place at the very back of the plane.
We finally arrived in San Francisco but it was now Friday 2nd September, a day later and we had to reschedule everything. I was dead tired, but we went on and had our first family gathering and had “real food”.
From all these, these are the lessons I’ve learned :
- do not travel with Lufthansa, they are so inorganised that asking for help will just confuse them and you’ll be the one suffering the consequences
- wherever I go, EXO will always be there
- go to Sahan Fischpalast if you’re in Frankfurt, to get great seafood, Turkish style
- always have extra underwear & clothes in your in your carry on bag when traveling
See you on the next post for the next day adventure!